GR MANAGEMENT & CONSERVATION
GAME RANCE MANAGEMENT AND CONSERVATION
We offers International students a life changing experience in the beautiful South Africa. If you have a passion for the conservation of nature and wish to travel while going on an ultimate adventure, then this course is for you. During this 10-day adventure you are guaranteed to not only make memories to last a lifetime, you will also be granted the opportunity to work with animals, find yourself, make friendships with people from across the world and change your perspective of the world around you forever.
The team decided to extend our courses allowing students from across the globe to also participate in our conservation projects. International students are now able to help us in our quest to protect, save and learn more about the wildlife of South Africa whilst having fun.
UPCOMING NATURE ADVENTURE EXPERIENCE DATE:
10th September to 20th September 2018.
- Pre-Vet experience (Assist a wildlife veterinarian in the dart, treatment and relocation of various animal species)
- Sitting around camp fires
- Snake presentation (Identification, treatment of wounds and handling)
- Introduction on the wildlife of South Africa
- Helicopter flight (Experience South Africa for half an hour from a bird’s view)
- South African cuisine. (Food preparation competition on camp fire)
- Night walk and Navigation
- Cultural plays and competitions.
- Nature quiz night
- Obstacle course and team building activities
- 1 Day Anti-Poaching experience (Bush survival, build shelter, prepare food on fire and sleep under the stars)
- Star gazing
- Tree and Grass Identification
- Weapon handling, safety and target shooting competitions.
- Visiting big 5 nature reserve (Pilanesberg nature reserve)
- Walks in nature.
- Night drives.
- Course dates are subject to a minimum amount of bookings.
- The course is presented in English
- Bookings are limited to 24 students per course.
- After the completion of the course students receive a certificate to indicate that they successfully completed the course.
- The course is suitable for men and woman aged 18-28 years old.
- The course fee is £943 per student.
COURSE FEE INCLUDES:
- Transportation from OR Tambo International Airport and back to airport after duration of their stay.
- Accommodation in a Game lodge situated on a 2200 ha Game Ranch
- 3 meals per day and extra snacks
- Gameways Study Guide
- 3 Gameways branded shirts.
- Gameways flask
- Washing done once a week
- All ammunition for target shooting exercises.
- All presentations by specialist in their various departments.
- All day trips and transport to various locations.
- Dinner reservations in the beautiful Pretoria.
- 1 Night stay in a guesthouse near Airport before departure.
COURSE FEE EXCLUDES:
- Flights to and from South Africa
DURING THE DURATION OF YOUR STAY YOU WILL:
- Build lifelong friendships.
- Get lost and find yourself in nature.
- Travel and explore the Southern point of Africa.
- Change the way you see the wildlife of South Africa forever.
- Make memories and capture moments you will never forget.
- Learn more about the wildlife of South Africa.
- Discover the different careers found in nature.
50% of the course fee of £943 is payable as deposit to reserve a place. The rest of the payment is only due a day before the start of the course.
The course promises to be an unforgettable experience for any International student who has a passion for nature and wishes to discover the Southern point of Africa.